STUDENT EMERGENCY FUND
- Enrolled at Buffalo State College pursuing bachelor's or associate degree
- Full-time or half-time (currently taking at least half the number of credits to be full-time)
- Minimum 2.0 GPA and otherwise in good standing with the college
- homelessness or threat of eviction
- medical or dental emergency
- natural disaster
- domestic violence
- loss of employment
Eligible Expense Examples:
- medical or dental expenses
- child care
- replacement of stolen item needed for school
- college fees
- credit card debt
- cable bills
- legal representation
You can access the online application here. If you have questions or need assistance with completing the application, please go to Sarah Young, Dean of Students, call 716-878-4618, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, any faculty or staff member on campus can direct you to the right place for support.
- Situations and expenses listed are examples only; additional ones may qualify and those listed may not depending on the specific circumstances.
- Maximum grant size is $2,000.
- Must show evidence of expense (ex: bill); payment will be made to third party (ex: landlord).
- Funds will be available within 72 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) of a complete application being received (including evidence of expense).
- Each student is eligible for no more than one grant in an academic year.
- Grants are only available during fall and spring semesters.
There are other places to go for help. Campus faculty and staff can help connect you, but following are ways to reach some of these resources if you want to do so directly.
- Buffalo State College Home Page: http://suny.buffalostate.edu/
- Dean of Students: http://deanofstudents.buffalostate.edu/
- Milligan's Food Pantry: http://studentlife.buffalostate.edu/milligans-food-pantry
- City of Buffalo, Community Resources: http://studentlife.buffalostate.edu/community-resources